Finally the big DC movie is here! Wonder Woman, starring the charming and fierce Gal Gadot as the superhero in this Warner Bros. production adapted from the long-running DC Comics series. Though Batman V Superman was panned, Gal Gadot got favourable reviews from most of the audience! So has the stand-alone movie delivered? Can this movie save the sinking ship of DC Universe?
See what the top reviewers have to say about Wonder Woman:
1. It’s a film that not only improves upon many of the seemingly built-in shortcomings of superhero movies, but also mixes smarts, sentiment and adrenaline in the best Hollywood style. – TheWrap (Thumbs Up)
2. The film’s action is explosive and engaging, and a sequence where Diana ventures into no man’s land in the middle of a trench battle is stunning to behold. – USA Today (Thumbs Up)
3. [Wonder Woman] isn’t just a triumph for women, it’s a triumph, period. This is grand entertainment with rousing action, sparkling humor, a romantic streak and a titanium-strength debut from Gal Gadot in the title role.- NewsDay (Thumbs Up)
4. This origin story, with its direct and relatively uncluttered trajectory, offers a welcome change of pace from a superhero realm that’s often overloaded with interconnections and cross-references. – Hollywood Reporter (Thumbs Up)
5. Gal Gadot grabs the Lasso of Truth and the bracelets of infinite resilience to take center stage in Wonder Woman, director Patty Jenkins’ formidable and almost entirely successful bid to make the DC Comics movies a little less lame. – Chicago Tribune (Thumbs Up)
6. [A]n electrifying, breathtaking cinematic achievement… Amazing performances, pulse-pounding action, and outstanding visuals make it one of the best superhero movies of all time. – Forbes (Thumbs Up)
7. When it does get down to superheroine business, this latest DC Comics ‘extended universe’ outing packs a decent punch and, in Israeli model Gal Gadot, introduces a star with real franchise potential. – Screen International (Thumbs Up)
8. Dawn Of Justice proved [Gadot] could handle the kicking and the punching. Here, she gets actual honest-to-goodness dialogue, and invests Diana with excitable exuberance , bristling defiance and a disarming belief in doing the right thing. – Empire Magazine (Thumbs Up)
9. In a genre where fanboy entitlement regularly calls the tune, Wonder Woman’s feminism feels like a rarity. Time will tell whether Hollywood [will be] in the thrall of a heroine addiction. But as the credits rolled, I was already craving another hit. – Daily Telegraph (Thumbs Up)
10. Patty Jenkins’ Wonder Woman provides a welcome respite from DC’s house style of grim darkness with star Gal Gadot proving an inspired choice for this avatar of truth, justice and the Amazonian way. – Variety (Thumbs Up)
11. Wonder Woman is a cohesive and gripping comic book-adapted origin story that gives the most famous female superhero a live-action entry worthy of the character’s legacy. – Screen Rant (Thumbs Up)
Bottomline : Unanimous acclaim for a DC movie (finally!!)! Gal Gadot has probably saved the DC sinking ship! Agree??