One of the biggest films of the year (and probably, one of the biggest ever) released today and I witnessed it in IMAX 3D. Needless to say, the IMAX experience was good but overall, Batman v Superman : Dawn of Justice is one huge let-down! Here are 6 reasons for the same:
- Intensely boring 1st half : You wait for things to pick up in the 1st half which never happens!! The repetition of Batman origins is another yawn-worthy part of the film. The film slowly goes on until you realise the wait was needless!
- Unnecessary dream sequences : Ben Affleck goes into some unexplained dream sequences which are totally incoherent and out of place. They all add to the already confusing on-goings and sometimes we think, should we even care?!
- Jesse Eisenberg : A villain in superhero flicks should have a good screen presence and should command your attention. It is never the case with our Lex Luthor. Not even an iota of evil-ness visible, though his act is good.
- Too many characters : Superman and Batman are huge characters who need different movies all together. Add to that, when they are dwarfed on-screen after the appearance of a so-called WonderWoman, you think something is gravely wrong here!
- Martha : Well, this point is specifically for those who have watched the film. Won’t mention much here. Unbelievably stupid twist!
- Loooonggg Climax : A long climax with too much CGI makes you want it to end. And when it does, the end result is something you did not expect, neither you liked!
After the negatives, here are a few positives from the Zack Snyder epic:
- Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne nails it!!! Difficult to compare him with previous actors who played the hero, but i totally loved his screen presence.
- The fight sequence between Batman and Superman is wow! Especially if you watch it in IMAX 3D!!
- The intro-sequence of a few Justice league characters gets a thumbs up!
Few positives, many negatives. Easy to say this epic is a huge letdown!!
Rating : 2/5 (Watch it ONLY in IMAX 3D)